USPS Hold Mail Tracking:
USPS Hold Mail service is designed especially for the customers who are either not at home for a couple of days or on vacation. This service provides a safe and convenient feature for USPS Customers. USPS Hold Mail service online is the best option to be chosen when a customer feels that he/she might not be at home at the time when package arrives to their home.
Process to opt USPS Hold Mail service:
Customers can acquire Hold Mail service or Stop mail service using the https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail link of www.usps.com website. To acquire the USPS Mail Hold service, customer has to enter name, address, email address, phone number and click “Check Availability” button to check if Hold Mail service online is available through online or not. If the option is not available to be opted online, you can choose one of the following ways to opt for US Post Office Hold Mail or Stop Mail service.
- Submit a completed PS Form 8076 (http://about.usps.com/forms/ps8076.pdf) and authorization to the Hold Mail at your local Post Office facility.
- Call USPS on 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). USPS service representative assists you and clarify all your doubts regarding Hold Mail service.
Benefits of Hold Mail USPS Tracking:
- It is very reliable as the mail will be held in your local USPS office until you come back from vacation.
- No need to take risk of asking the USPS service person to deliver the package to your neighbours, you can just request “Stop my delivery”.
- Mail will not be accumulated in Mailbox.
- Customer’s absence will not be revealed through Mailbox.
Confirmation Number for USPS Mail Stop:
Once the customer fills the request form for Hold Mail service online, a confirmation number will be displayed on the screen which indicates that the Hold Mail request is submitted successfully. So make a note of this confirmation number.
USPS Hold Mail Hold Time – extend time:
Customers are interested to know about the time period for which the USPS Hold Mail will be held by USPS. Hold Mail can be held by USPS for a minimum of three days and a maximum of 30 days. If the mail need to be held for more than 30 days of duration, customer has to contact their local USPS Post office. Customers can opt to extend the time for USPS Mail Hold service by using the customer reference number online.
USPS Personal Mail – Business Mail:
It is very easy for USPS customers to request USPS to hold a mail. The price of Hold Mail starts at $46.45. At this price, the mail will be held by USPS for one month. To request for this service, customer has to visit the USPS website and request for the service online as mentioned above. Customer has to provide identity proof and submit Hold request so that the mail will be held by USPS.
For Business customers and government prices starts at $74.45. At this price, the mail will be held by USPS for one month. To opt for this service, customer has to download the form from online and take it to nearest USPS post office. Customer has to carry an identity proof to the post office and complete the form at post office.
Tracking Hold Mail service:
USPS Hold Mail tracking service enables you to track your Hold Mail just like other normal mails. It helps you to track your shipment. Customer can track the Hold Mail through online or by calling on USPS customer care number or by visiting the nearest post office or by email.
- Visit the USPS official website.
- Go to Hold mail service and enter Tracking number.
- Track your shipment.
- By visiting USPS Post Office:
- Visit nearest USPS Post Office.
- Fill a form for Hold Mail and submit the form to “Hold my mail” and tracking number to the postal employee and they will let you know the status of your shipment.
- Over phone:
- Call USPS Postal Customer Care service on 800-275-8777.
- Provide tracking number.
- Request to track your Mail.
- By Email:
- Send a mail to USPS official mail address.
- Status of your shipment will be provided in reply to that mail.
US Post Office Hold Mail Tracking Format – USPS Mail service:
Below are the formats for different USPS Mail services:
|Mail Service||Tracking Number Format|
|Global Express Guaranteed||82 000 000 00|
|Certified Mail||7000 0000 0000 0000 0000 OR 9407 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Priority Mail||1400 0000 0000 0000 0000 OR 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Priority Mail International||CP 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail Express USPS International||EC 000 000 000 US|
|Priority Mail Express||EA 000 000 000 US OR 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00|
|Registered Mail||RA 000 000 000 US OR 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00|
USPS Hold Mail Contact number:
Customer can contact USPS customer care to know any details or to file a complaint. The automated information in USPS is provided 24*7. Customer can call on 1-877-876-2455 from 8 am to 4:30 pm in all time zones and reach their appropriate postal service. For mail service issues, call will be redirected to 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). USPS is operated from Monday to Friday 8 am to 8:30 pm ET and on Saturdays 8 am to 6 pm ET and will be closed on every Sunday and on USPS Holidays. USPS Hold Mail is very reliable service for USPS customers.